Toast is an essential part of breakfast in many of our homes. Toasting a slice of bread in the morning and accompanying it with butters, creams or jams is almost a custom, so we are going to offer you a tasty alternative: make a simple banana bread.
This recipe for banana bread has a texture similar to sliced bread. Your children will love this healthy children's breakfast and it will also give them a lot of energy to start the day right.
- 375 gr of flour.
- 2 teaspoons of yeast.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- 200 gr of white sugar.
- 100 gr of brown sugar.
- 3 eggs.
- 125 ml of oil. 3
- medium bananas.
- * walnuts (optional)
1. Grease a 450 gr loaf pan. or a mold for plumcake and preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down for at least 10 minutes. In a large bowl, sift the flour with the yeast, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the white sugar, the brown sugar and reserve.
2. Mash the bananas with the help of a fork. Reservation. In another bowl, beat the eggs with the oil; Add the mashed bananas and continue beating until the ingredients are completely integrated.
3. Add this last mixture that you just made into the container that contains the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Everything should be well mixed, but not homogeneous, so we will avoid that the bread is dry and / or hard.
4. If you have decided to add walnuts, it is time to add a handful of previously chopped walnuts. Fill the mold halfway and bake 45 minutes. Unmold and let the bread cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Cut it into slices (it can be kept for 3-4 days in an airtight container). Now you can prepare delicious toast with fruit. You can also spread them with cheese.
You can read more articles similar to Banana bread recipe for a healthy children's breakfast, in the category of Bread and pizzas on site.